General Education Mobile
Application and Enrollment Information
GEM program courses provide airmen (active duty Air Force personnel, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard) the opportunity to complete CCAF’s 15 semester hours of general education requirements online. Typically, the 15 general education credits students needed for their AAS degree include coursework in: communication, humanities, math, social sciences, and writing.
If you want to take GEM-approved general education coursework at Oklahoma State University you must apply to OSU as a non-degree seeking student. To apply, simply complete an application and pay the application fee.
Active duty military or military veterans may receive an application fee waiver from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. To receive this fee waiver, students should submit a copy of their DD214 or NGB-22 with application materials by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (405) 744-7092, or through the mail to Undergraduate Admissions, 219 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078. Other forms of documentation may be possible. If you require more information about GEM, please contact your education center, Air Force GEM classes or OSU at email@example.com or 405-744-1015.
OSU has a variety of online courses available to meet the general education requirements of the CCAF Associate of Applied Arts degree. Courses may be 16, 8 or 4 weeks in duration and scheduled for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Tuition & Fees
The Princeton Review named OSU as one of only 66 public universities that give students the “best bang for their tuition buck.” OSU offers scholarships for active duty military, reservists, National Guardsmen, veterans and their dependents.
List of GEM Courses
- SPCH 2713 Introduction to Speech Communications
- MATH 1483 Mathematical Functions and Their Uses
- MATH 1513 College Algebra
- MATH 1613 Trigonometry
- MATH 2103 Business Calculus
- STAT 2013 Elementary Statistics
- PSYC 2583 Developmental Psychology
- SOC 1113 Introductory Sociology
- HIST 1103 Survey of American History
- HIST 1713 Survey of Eastern Civilization
- POLS 1113 American Government
- POLS 2113 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- GEOG 1113 Introduction to Cultural Geography
- ANTH 3353 Cultural Anthropology
- ECON 2103 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON 2203 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ENGL 1113 Composition I
- ENGL 1213 Composition II
- ENGL 2513 Introduction to Creative Writing
- ENGL 3323 Technical Writing
- PHIL 1213 Philosophies of Life
- PHIL 1313 Logic and Critical Thinking
- PHIL 2043 Philosophy of Film
- ENGL 2543 Survey of British Literature
- AMST 2103 Introduction to American Studies
- HIST 1623 Western Civilization after 1500
- Jazz 2773 History of Jazz
- MUSI 2573 Introduction to Music
- MUSI 2763 History of Rock and Roll
- REL 1103 Introduction to World Religions