Agricultural Leadership, MAg
As a working professional in agriculture, extension education, communications, or leadership it may seem impossible to continue graduate study on campus. The OSU Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership has designed a degree program that enables working professionals to achieve an Agricultural Leadership Master of Agriculture degree online.
- Courses are delivered via Desire 2 Learn or Moodle
- Courses are completely asynchronous, requiring no visits to campus
The master of agriculture degree program in agricultural leadership provides a flexible program, which can be tailored to meet each student's unique situation. In addition to the wide variety of professional courses in agricultural education, offerings are also available from all academic departments in the Ferguson College of Agriculture.
Graduate students work closely with a graduate advisory committee consisting of three faculty members who provide guidance and mentoring. Students, in consultation with their graduate committee, develop an individual plan of study leading to the graduate degree. A plan of study must be filed before completion of 17 credit hours.
Graduate coursework in agricultural leadership includes leadership theory and practice, developments in agricultural and extension education, and a creative component. The Agricultural Leadership Master of Agriculture degree program requires 32 approved semester hours of coursework including a 17-hour area of emphasis.
Admission requirements for the online master of agriculture degree program in agricultural leadership include:
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate field such as agricultural education or an agriculturally related area from an accredited university;
- An acceptable grade point average in undergraduate studies (a minimum GPA of 2.80 or 3.0 in the last 30 hours for unqualified admission);
- Recommendations from three people knowledgeable of the applicant's professional qualifications;
- A statement of purpose for pursuing the master’s degree.
To apply for the online master of agriculture degree program in agricultural leadership complete the following:
- Submit an application for admission to the OSU Graduate College.
- Your application will be referred to the department by the Graduate College. After it is reviewed by the Agricultural Education work group, you will receive notification of its decision from the Graduate College. Applications for admission are reviewed continuously.
- Submit a statement of purpose and three letters of professional recommendation to the Graduate Coordinator, OSU Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership, 448 Agricultural Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078-6031.
|Total cost per credit hour||$527||$657|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||$1,581||$1,971|
Estimated total program cost
(based on 32-hour degree plan)