Higher Education, MS — Online
This degree program is offered 100-percent online. Courses are delivered through Canvas, OSU’s online learning platform. The program follows a suggested two-year accelerated completion sequence in which students take two courses per semester (fall, spring and summer). Students can also complete in three years using a fall/spring sequence.
Core curriculum for this 36-hour program include classes such as:
- Assessment Techniques in Higher Education & Student Affairs
- Research to Practice in Higher Education & Student Affairs
- Leadership Theory & Organizational Development in Higher Education
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Critical Issues in Higher Education
Students will also complete a capstone course, which includes a creative component and portfolio.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are encouraged to submit application materials at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester.
To apply to the Educational Leadership Studies - option in Higher Education, MS program, complete the following:
- Graduate College application
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions with a 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA
- Current resume/vita
- Three letters of recommendation (At least two from faculty members is preferred)
- Career objectives essay
- Academic writing sample (optional)
- Program faculty may request an interview with the applicant
Students enrolled in the Higher Education master's program will complete 36 credit hours during the course of their studies. Cost estimates below are calculated based on 2020-2021 rates. Additional cost details and OSU’s tuition and fee estimator are available on the Bursar website.
|Total cost per credit hour||432.20||561.75|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||1,296.60||1,685.25|
|Total program cost based on 36 hours||15,559.20||20,223.00|
* This is only an estimate of cost, based on currently approved 2020-2021 rates. Cost estimates do not include textbooks, exams, or course expenses, nor do they factor in individual transfer credits or scholarship information. Cost will vary if not enrolled in a fully online degree program. Active-duty military may qualify for resident tuition rate. Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Full disclaimer