Higher Education, MS — Online
This degree program will be available 100 percent online beginning Fall 2021. Courses are delivered through Canvas, OSU’s online learning platform. The program follows a suggested two-year accelerated completion sequence in which students take two courses per semester (fall, spring and summer). Students can also complete in three years using a fall/spring sequence.
Within six months of graduating, master’s students are typically employed in higher education positions across the globe.
Required core curriculum for this 36-hour program includes:
- Student Development Theory
- Leadership Theory & Ethical Decision Making in Higher Education
- Organizational Development for Higher Education
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Internship in Higher Education & Student Affairs
- Critical Issues in Higher Education
- The Impact of College on Students & Society
Students will also complete a capstone course, which includes a creative component and portfolio.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are encouraged to submit application materials at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester.
To apply to the Educational Leadership Studies - option in Higher Education, M.S. program, complete the following:
- Graduate College application
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions with a 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA
- Current resume/vita
- Three letters of recommendation
- Career objectives essay
- Academic writing sample (optional)
- Program faculty may request an interview with the applicant
|Total cost per credit hour||$495||$625|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||$1,485||$1,873|
Estimated total program cost
(36 credit hours)