Engineering and Technology Management, MS - Online
Online learning through the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT) provides a flexible alternative to traditional on-campus courses as a convenient way to earn your degree whenever your career or other life commitments prevent you from taking classes on campus in a traditional setting.
Online students utilize Canvas, OSU's online learning portal to watch lectures, turn in assignments and communicate with classmates and professors.
Courses taught online are of identical quality and instruction as those taught in traditional classrooms. CEAT Online Learning and the ETM faculty are here to help you succeed!
The MSETM program exists to provide accessible, career-enhancing educational opportunities
to practicing engineers, scientists and technical managers.
This program is a 32 credit hour program that permits students to build a strong degree that directly prepares them for the future. Coursework is divided into two categories: Required and Elective.
The Required courses include an introductory course (1 hour), a decision analysis course (3 hours) and the capstone series (4 hours). The remaining 24 credit hours will be chosen from the Electives list and should include a minimum of 3 one-credit-hour courses.
Students will learn to apply proven evaluation concepts and implementation strategies to fast moving, technical management decisions that make the difference in both career and business success.
Students in this program will improve their ability to
- Identify and act on strategic issues
- Apply systems thinking to their organization
- Integrate key functions and management systems in a business
- Manage large-scale projects
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Prepare for rapid continual learning
Applications are accepted any time and are reviewed as received. Allow approximately one month from the time a complete application is submitted for an admission decision.
Admitted students may begin taking classes during the next course offering or semester following their admission.
Students enrolled in the Engineering and Technology Management master's program will complete 32 credit hours during the course of their studies. Cost estimates below are calculated based on 2021-2022 rates. Additional cost details and OSU’s tuition and fee estimator are available on the Bursar website.
|Total cost per credit hour||533.60||663.80|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||1,600.80||1,991.40|
|Total program cost based on 32 hours||17,075.20||21,241.60|
* This is only an estimate of cost, based on currently approved 2021-2022 rates. Cost estimates do not include textbooks, exams, or course expenses, nor do they factor in individual transfer credits or scholarship information. Cost will vary if not enrolled in a fully online degree program. Active-duty military may qualify for resident tuition rate. Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Full disclaimer