Fire and Emergency Management Administration, Ph.D. - Online
Online learning through the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT) provides a flexible alternative to traditional on-campus courses as a convenient way to earn your degree whenever your career or other life commitments prevent you from taking classes on campus in a traditional setting.
Online students utilize Canvas, OSU's online learning portal to watch lectures, turn in assignments and communicate with classmates and professors.
The PhD program in Fire and Emergency Management Administration is a 60 credit hour blended program consisting of 15 hours of core courses, 12 hours of research tools, 18 hours of electives, and 15 hours of dissertation. An additional nine hours of courses are required in either a fire service administration track or an emergency management administration track.
- Public policy
- Strategic administration
- Organizational management
- Human dimensions of disaster
- Counter terrorism
- Graduates are able to conduct research and critically analyze problems in the fire and emergency management fields.
- Graduates can demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Graduates can demonstrate mastery of substantive theories in and knowledge of fire and emergency management administration and of its application to practical problems and issues in the field.
Academic Common Market
Depending on where you live, you may qualify for in-state tuition through the Academic Common Market.
The PhD in Fire and Emergency Management Administration program is a specialized degree designed to provide an educational foundation for those who are currently serving or aspire to serve as managers or administrators in the fire service, emergency management, emergency medical services, law enforcement, or homeland security in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors. This program prepares individuals for academic careers and careers in research. Admission requirements are listed below.
Students enrolled in the Fire and Emergency Management Administration doctoral program will complete 60 credit hours during the course of their studies. Cost estimates below are calculated based on 2021-2022 rates. Additional cost details and OSU’s tuition and fee estimator are available on the Bursar website.
|Total cost per credit hour||533.60||663.80|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||1,600.80||1,991.40|
|Total program cost based on 60 hours||32,016.00||39,828.00|
* This is only an estimate of cost, based on currently approved 2021-2022 rates. Cost estimates do not include textbooks, exams, or course expenses, nor do they factor in individual transfer credits or scholarship information. Cost will vary if not enrolled in a fully online degree program. Active-duty military may qualify for resident tuition rate. Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Full disclaimer