Agricultural Leadership, Online
The online degree completion in agricultural leadership provides the flexibility you need as a busy student to continue your education and career interests. Coursework for the online bachelor’s degree completion in agricultural leadership is delivered entirely online through Canvas, OSU’s online learning platform. Full-time enrollment is encouraged, but not required.
Students entering the program with an earned associate degree in an agriculture major (an associate in science or an associate in arts) and who enroll in 15 hours each semester can expect to complete the requirements for a B.S. in Agricultural Leadership within two years. However, every transfer student’s situation can differ so it is important to regularly communicate with your academic advisor. Agricultural leadership faculty make it a priority to meet virtually with each online student every semester for academic advising and mentoring. In addition to faculty interaction, there are numerous opportunities for you to engage and connect with the university throughout the program.
The online degree completion program follows the same curriculum as the on-campus agricultural leadership program. You can take advantage of the agricultural leadership program’s flexibility and a variety of online courses offered through the Ferguson College of Agriculture to customize your coursework according to your career interests. Online elective coursework also is available in areas such as psychology, education, and management. A six credit-hour internship experience will be required prior to graduation to help prepare and develop you into a well-rounded agricultural professional.
Leadership Coursework Preview:
- Agricultural Leadership in a Multicultural Society
- Agricultural Leadership: Theory and Practice
- Facilitating Social Change in Agriculture
- Global Leadership in Agriculture
- Seminar in Leadership Education
- Professional Development in Agriculture
- Contemporary Issues in Leadership
- Agricultural Leadership Internship
Leadership is the number one attribute employers seek in new college graduates closely followed by the ability to work in a team, according to a 2016 study conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Agricultural leadership graduates can look forward to working in one or more of the following fields:
- Association management
- Corporate agriculture
- Extension education
- Farm and ranch management
- Higher education administration
- Human resource development
- Leadership education and training
- Management consulting
- Policy and law
- Rural community development
- Sales and marketing
- Student development
Prospective online undergrad students apply through the application portal. Completing the application accurately and taking time to answer the essay questions will maximize your opportunities at OSU. The online application also serves as your application for eligible scholarships at OSU.
If you have questions about the application process call the OSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 405-744-5358. We will help guide you through the process if something is confusing or unclear.
OSU offers undergrad online degree programs at a block rate tuition structure which means students taking 12-18 hours will be charged the same block rate whether they take 12 to 18 hours in a semester. This helps students shorten the time to earn their degrees and assists with financial budgeting. Additionally, OSU accepts transfer credit and all undergraduate students are eligible for scholarships awarded through the university and college. Cost estimates below are calculated based on 2021-2022 rates. Additional cost details and OSU’s tuition and fee estimator are available on the Bursar website.
|Total cost per credit hour||$416.95||$934.30|
|Total cost per 3-credit hour course||$1,250.85||$2,802.90|
|Semester Block Rate Tuition and Fees based on 15 hours||$6,254.25||$14,014.50|
* This is only an estimate of cost, based on currently approved 2021-2022 rates. Cost estimates do not include textbooks, exams, or course expenses, nor do they factor in individual transfer credits or scholarship information. Cost will vary if not enrolled in a fully online degree program. Active-duty military may qualify for resident tuition rate. Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Full disclaimer