For an optimal online learning experience, students are encouraged to have the following:
- A laptop or desktop computer with wi-fi or ethernet internet connection
- Broadband internet is recommended.
- Using your phone as a wi-fi hotspot can work if broadband is not available.
- While Canvas works in any browser, Google Chrome is recommended.
- A webcam and microphone is recommended for classes that utilize videoconferencing
Visit OSU IT Student Resources for the helpdesk, instructional technology, and the Software Distribution Center
which provides students access to Microsoft software and other tools to succeed. IT
has many resources available, visit their website to learn more.
- OSU Edmon Low Library
- Need a computer? The Edmon Low Library has laptop computers available for student check out.
- For students who rely on mobile solutions (i.e. iPad, iPhone, or Android device) the Canvas Student App is recommended. It can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Many instructors will utilize Microsoft Teams for videoconferencing. This can be downloaded from https://teams.microsoft.com. Note that the Teams app is not required, as videoconferences will also work in a browser. However the Teams app offers additional functionality that some students might want.
FCC’s "Keep Americans Connected" pledge helps to ensure that internet users do not lose their connectivity while we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. More information is available at the following site: https://www.fcc.gov/keep-americans-connected